Tuesday, October 6, 2009

4 Months Down

As of today, we have been waiting 4 months and 2 days or 124 days for our referral. Other families with our agency have been waiting longer and still don't have a referral, so I'm really expecting our wait to be much closer to the 6 month mark and very possibly the 7 month mark. I understand that it isn't always easy, but since our dossier arrived in Ethiopia, I've been doing very well with the wait. No matter how long it takes, Naomi will become part of our family and I can't imagine her arrival not being worth the wait.

8 comments:

MommaT said...

I see we share the love of the name Naomi...maybe we will both get our Naomi together:) We don't gave names in stone, but it is a favorite! This wait is starting to get longer it seems:(

Kelly said...

I was also going to comment on the name Naomi - it is one of my favorites and definitely on the list of contenders should we adopt a girl. Beautiful name. Good luck as you continue on the wait. I'm not quite waiting yet but I'm dreading it already!

Mel said...

Indeed it is a cute name - possible two Naomis, how sweet :-)

Ok, lets go back to waiting, he he.

Blessings,
mel

Reba said...

I hope the wait is shorter than expected. You are handling it SO much better than I ever did! I cannot wait to "meet" Miss Naomi.

Maria and Family said...

I found the wait for us really flew by..I tried to not dwell on it and for me it worked :) did you tell me your age range for Naomi? I cant remember...

Matt and Jennifer said...

Here's to you not having to wait much longer. I am so ready to be in the waiting phase. You guys are in my prayers.

Pizzamoma said...

Debbie,
I do so hope your wait is shorter than longer. You deserve a lot of good things happening in your life.
Deb

Renae said...

Love following your blog! We are adopting with TOL as well(Bulgaria), and keeping Ethiopia in my sight for our next adoption:). We are waiting for the "official" referral of the little girl we have requested to adopt..her name will be Ava, and she is 2 1/2..hopefully traveling soon to visit her!

God Bless,
Renae
www.adoptingava.blogspot.com