Sunday, October 11, 2009

I've Decided

I want a couple days of calm. I'm not asking for much, just a couple days.

Ryan had some seizures the end of last week, was running a low grade fever, wouldn't eat or drink anything and wouldn't take his medication. This landed him in the emergency room a couple times and during the last trip his neurologist decided he wanted him transferred to another hospital about an hour north where he could monitor him personally. That was on Friday and he is still in the hospital today. He's still not eating or drinking; the seizures seem to be under control; he's still running a low grade fever; and he is still refusing to take his pills for anyone other than mom or dad. Until they figure out what's going on or he starts taking his pills orally, they aren't going to release him.

Please understand, when Ryan is in the hospital he can't be left in the room alone. He has to have 24 hour supervision. Not only does someone need to be monitoring him for seizure activity, but he "will not" leave his i.v. in. He pulled it out 4 times within a 24 hour period and that was with someone in the room. It would have been pulled out more often with no one there. Dave went to the hospital to be with him all day into the evening yesterday and I took my shift today.

Under the circumstances he's doing well and we hope he starts making some real improvements soon. He has been through so much over the last few months and he needs things to be calm for awhile. So do we. I hope calm comes soon.

9 comments:

Reba said...

I hope your calm comes too!

Special Delivery said...

Hoping you find a bit of calm among you. Thinking of you all!

MommaT said...

Praying for him and you all as you deal with this. May God grant you calmness and peace

Ang said...

Hi Debbie~
I thought I'd check in say hello. I'll certainly say a prayer for calm for you and your family. My husband and I are also waiting for the referral of our baby boy and baby girl from Toukoul Orphanage. We are with Dove.

Blessings,
Angie
www.angandjimethiopia.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I'll be hoping your calm comes very soon.

Mel said...

Bless your heart. Praying for you and some calm moments.
Did they find out why Ryan has fevers? Is he fighting an infection or is it part of his seizures??
Blessings,
mel

Sam's mom said...

Oh boy Debbie! We will be sending positive thoughts. Hugs to you and Ryan & the rest of the family.

Matt and Jennifer said...

My prayers are with you and your family, especially Ryan.

The Slaws said...

So Sorry Debbie! Sending hugs!

Erin