Wednesday, October 21, 2009

In Need of a Good News Post *Correction*

Ryan is still in the hospital, so that's not the good news.

Today I thought I'd focus on some adoption good news. I can't share any details yet, because I don't have them, but my good cyber friend Mel got her referral call today. Yay!!!!!!!!!! She and her husband are also a Toukoul family and they received the call on Day 145 of their wait. If I remember correctly, they were open to either gender and also open to minor special needs. I can't wait to get more detail.

*Correction*
Mel and her husband requested a girl up to 18 months of age with or without minor or correctable special needs. They received the referral of a healthy infant girl.

That's 3 referrals from Toukoul in the last 1 1/2 weeks.

And for those who are interested, today is Day 139 of our wait to referral. Before anyone gets too excited, we specifically requested an infant girl. Because of that request, it's unlikely that we'll receive our referral on Day 145. However, we really are starting to get close now :-)

If you'd like to make a prediction on when our referral will happen, please leave a comment. It will be fun to go back and see who got it right.

10 comments:

MommaT said...

I predict it will be exactly when it is meant to be...my cop out answer. Actually I think you will get it no later than mid Nov

Nicole said...

hi debbie i predict after Thanksgiving, but before xmas!

Pizzamoma said...

I predict tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reba said...

The week of Thanksgiving...just one more thing to be thankful for!

Maria and Family said...

Oh boy!!! I am soooo excited for you guys. You are getting so close!!! AHHH!!

Mel said...

Soon, very soon!!! I don't think anybody has fallen out of the referral window so far. Worst case scenario - 6 weeks, that would put you at the end of your window (which I highly doubt you will go that long), BUT I have the feeling it will happen in the next 20 days!!
It would be so lovely it we could ALL travel together :-)

mel

Xander and Alana (but mostly Alana) said...

December 1st. Because, well, I don't have a reason.

It will come when you are stressed out because there's a hole in your underwear and the dryer ate your left sock and you just spilled coffee down your front and you're late going somewhere and the furthest thing from your mind is that your phone will ring and change your life. THAT is my prediction.

Parent Coordinator said...

It will come when you least expect it. I think within the next few weeks. Celebrate the news of friends and enjoy the butterflies of anticipation!

Mike and Laura George said...

We are keeping our fingers crossed for you!

Ang said...

HI Debbie,

I'm another waiting Mama. We are anxiously awaiting our babies from Toukoul as well. We are with Dove. I've been trying to follow along with all of you as you receive your referrals. You are the last "blogging" family I know of, other than us, who are waiting. We just hit the 4 month mark a few days ago. Many blessings to you as you continue to see your precious child.

Angie