Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Love is in the air in so many different ways this year and when I think of the love in my life I think of my awesome husband, Dave. I'm sure most of you thought I'd say Liliana, but the love that Dave and I share brought us together over 22 years ago so we could travel life's journey together. That journey and that love has lead us to Liliana. Of course she is also high on my list along with our boys.

Our desire to share our love with another child who was in need of a home and a family took us all the way to Guatemala and Liliana. The love that Liliana's birth mother had for her, gave her the strength and the courage to do what she had to so Lili would have the opportunity to live a better life than the one she would be able to provide. Lili's foster mom came into the picture to love and care for her until that time we are able to travel to Guatemala where she will place her in our arms forever. It is amazing and sometimes very over whelming to realize just how many people love this little girl and want the very best for her.

So, on this Valentine's Day, while you make your way through that heart-shaped box of chocolate, please take time to reflect on the love in your life and what you can do to help spread that love to other parts of this great big world.

No comments: