Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Court Date and Travel?

I sent several questions out to our agency yesterday and wasn't thrilled with the response I got to my question regarding court dates. At this point, court dates are scheduled approximately 4 months after the referral is accepted. Yes, I said 4 months :-( Travel post referral is currently 6-8 weeks. This means we are currently looking at another 5 - 6 month wait until Naomi is in our arms.

I waited 9 1/2 months post referral for Lili to come home, so certainly I can be patient and wait 5-6 months for Naomi to come home, right?

Maybe I should start mailing out fliers about our coffee fundraiser to see if we can raise enough money for Lili and I to fly over early and just wait in out in Ethiopia? If we can sell 1500 bags of coffee within the next 2-3 months, I think we can afford for Lili and I to go early.

Okay, apparently I'm going to struggle with patience.

4 comments:

Mel said...

count me in - we can both struggle with impatience........sigh, that's just way to long :-(

MommaT said...

That seems ridiculously long..why??? I know it was between 4-6 months post referral to travel to China (and is now longer) but that still seems too long..hang in there, we will keep you going!!

Amber said...

Man, that is a long wait! I waited 6 months so I understand!

Reba said...

Ugh! I am ready for you to bring her home right now! I never got good at that patience thing...