Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Day at the Museum

Dave, Lili, my sister-in-law, our niece and I spent a wonderful day at the Museum of Science and Industry yesterday. Dave and I have been to the museum within the last 3 years, but it had been a few decades since my SIL had been there and it was a first for Lili and her cousin. For a matter-of-fact, it was Lili's first trip to Chicago. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and the museum was packed. They have a new exhibit called "You! The Experience" which was awesome. We visited the 'Smart Home' and now have some new "green" ideas for our own home. Our niece participated in 'MSI Hospital' and got a tiny taste of what it would be like to be a doctor. We also spent some time in the 'Henry Crown Space Center' and learned a little bit about space. Workers were busy decorating trees for the 'Christmas Around the World' exhibit and I so want to go back for a visit to see all the beautiful trees and take Lili to visit the exhibits that we just didn't have time to get to.

If you are ever in the Chicago area, make sure you visit the Museum of Science and Industry. It's well worth the trip.

Here are a few pictures from our day at the museum.

Just clowning around with my niece.
Lili and her cousin just clowning around.
Landing a space craft is much harder than it looks.
Of course it would probably help is the pilot was a little taller.
This hands on stuff is really fun.


There is more fun stuff to share about our trip to Chicago, but I think I'll leave that one until tomorrow.

No comments: