Thursday, November 19, 2009

They're Back

Apparently I just needed to post a question regarding the missing 'Followers' from my blog. As of today they are back :-)

Dave and I went to get our 2nd round of Hep A/B shots today. Apparently I misunderstood the instructions from the nurse who gave us our first round or misunderstood the travel doc. I remember being told that we needed to wait at least 30 days before we came in again and they gave us reminder cards letting us know when we could come in for our next round. I also remember being told that our last shots of the series would be January, but again we needed at least 30 days in between. Our first round was in July and 4 months later we got round #2. That means we have at least 60 days between this round and our last. However, the nurse that gave us our shots today seemed to be under the impression that we needed to come in 30 days after the first and since we didn't, the first of the series may not count. She is going to talk to the travel doc this afternoon and call us with further instructions. In the meantime, I'll be doing my own research to see what I can find out. Of course if anyone out in blog land knows, please share.

That's all the excitement I have to report today. Aren't you glad you checked in? :-)

2 comments:

MommaT said...

They can always draw your blood and send it away to check for a titer to see if it took before revaccinating

Lisa T said...

I know when I worked at the hospital and we had to get these shots, they had to be 30 days apart.....but that was eons ago!!