Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving Thanks

The next few days are going to be full of preparation and family time and as a result my blog time will most likely be non-existent. So, I want to share some of my thoughts and feelings about this Thanksgiving holiday while I have the time.

Despite a rough few months for our family, especially Ryan, I certainly have a lot to be thankful for. Here are just a few of those things.

1. My husband - I don't tell him this nearly enough, but I have an awesome husband. He works hard to provide for his family. He is a great dad and my very best friend in life. He sent me a quote yesterday that sums up my thoughts about my husband and our marriage.
"A good marriage is when you're married not to someone you can live with, but to someone you really cannot live without." -- Dr. Howard Hendricks

2. My children - My kids have made sure that my life is never dull in both good and bad ways. Through all the good times and the bad , they have taught me much about life, the world, and have helped make me a better person. Because of my kids, I've learned that I'm a much stronger person than I ever dreamed possible and my heart overflows with love because of them.

3. Naomi - I'm not sure words can express how thankful I am that this precious baby girl will one day be part of our family and how excited I am to know that another plate will be set at our Thanksgiving table next year.

4. My house - About 14 years ago we built our house and although it's not perfect, we've managed to turn our house into a home. We've entertained many of our friends and family in our home over the years and have tried hard to make our home a place where everyone who steps through the door always feels welcome.

5. Friends and family - I can't imagine what my life would be life without friends and family. In one way or another, each of them (you) has helped shape and guide me as I have maneuvered my way through this life. My hope is that in some small way I have been able give back at least a portion of what each of them has given to me.

6. My country - As I get ready to start my cooking and baking for the Thanksgiving holiday, I am reminded of how grateful I am that I live in the U.S. Despite all it's faults, it is a country with great history, wonderful resources and beautiful diversity. Very few places in this world can compare.

I wish each of you a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!!!!

5 comments:

MommaT said...

And I am thankful for adoption blog buddies like you, who make the wait bearable. It' always sweet to know you are all there and feeling the same way as we wait...even on the other side of adoption its great to have AP friends! Only people have BTDT can really appreciate it. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Renae said...

God Bless! Happy Thanksgiving Debbie!

Renae

Shannon said...

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Cammie said...

Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

Reba said...

I hope you ahd a wonderful Thanksgiving. Sounds like you have much to be thankful for (as do I). I know that next year your Thanksgiving will be even more abundant than before!