Saturday, November 14, 2009

Blogging Goals

I have a busy day on tap so this is going to be a short post. However, I am participating in NaBloPoMo this month and want to make sure I don't miss posting due to a long list of things that need to be done today.

A few months after I started blogging, I added a counter to my blog page. I was curious to know how many hits my blog was receiving. To date there have been over 46,000 hits. Granted, I've been blogging for about 2 1/2 years now, but that is more traffic than I expected at this point. I also expect that the hits will slow down considerably now that my blog is private, but I had 2 goals in mind when I started my blog.

1. I wanted a quick and easy way to keep friends and family up-to-date on our adoption journeys and our life. My blog does that.

2. I wanted to keep a journal of the different milestones we hit along the way. My blog does that as well.

It's nice to know that my blog goals are being achieved.

And if you haven't added your name to the followers list, please do so. I know my blog is private, but it's still fun to see how many are actually following along in our life :-)

1 comment:

Parent Coordinator said...

Wow! You have quite the "following." I've been blogging as long as you but clearly haven't had as much traffic. Great to hear that your blogging goals are being met and I enjoy tuning into your adventures regularly.