Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's Been 4 Weeks Already

I can hardly believe that 4 weeks ago today we saw Naomi's face for the very first time. Those big, beautiful dark eyes; her cute little feet covered by socks that are too big; lots of gorgeous black hair; the little chubby cheeks and beautiful mouth that long to be kissed; and her perfect little body that needs to be held in her mommy and daddy's arms. She is just perfect in every way.

How I wish we had court news to share, yet here we are 4 weeks later and we have no court date. No end in sight. No idea how soon or how far away we are from bringing her home. I haven't really worried about it much until two different people posted a note on the agency forum that they received their referrals in October and still don't have court dates. One received her referral on October 12th and the other on October 21st.

Now, I realize that these families not having a court date after all this time doesn't mean we'll have to wait just as long, but it does make me wonder what is going on? How much longer will we be waiting?

One thing is for sure, there is nothing easy or predictable when it comes to International Adoption.

6 comments:

Mel said...

i hear ya - the wait is super hard, no matter what you're waiting for in this adoption (referral, court date, embassy date, updates, the list goes on).
praying for you to hear some good news soon.
blessings,
mel

MommaT said...

What I don't get is how our kids come from the same place but we all have different timelines. Guess some agencies are bigger and batch their cases? I don't know...just know that it will come! I am sorry you are having to wait, you are too sweet to have to wait! Hang in there

Mike and Laura George said...

I know it seems like forever, and it is, but the day will come when you will have Naomi in your arms. The George's are sending love her way!! And yours!!

Shannon said...

Hopefully you will hear something on court soon. It shouldn't be too much longer.

Renae said...

Waiting...YUCK! I totally understand! I'm praying you'll receive it soon..a wonderful early Christmas present!

Renae

Reba said...

I hope you hear something soon...would make a wonderful Christmas gift!