Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What to Do While Waiting?

Okay, obviously one thing I can do while waiting to bring Naomi home is complain about the wait :-) I'm skilled at that! The other thing I can do is prepare for Naomi's arrival, which I've now officially started by putting together a list of everything I need to accomplish prior to her homecoming.

Item #1 is clothing. Based on Naomi's size at referral, she is probably wearing 6 month size clothes, but just barely. By the time we pick her up, she'll most likely be wearing 9 months size clothes. Sunday evening I got out all the containers of Lili's outgrown clothes and started sorting through them. What I discovered is that Lili had A LOT of clothes. LOL!!!!! The other thing I discovered is that the majority of what I have starts at 12 month sizes. Assuming Naomi is in 12 months sizes this summer/fall, she will be set, but prior to that she doesn't have much. Apparently I need to do make a trip to Baby Depot. Darn!

Item #2 is painting Naomi's room. I decided months ago that I would paint her room a light sage green color and shortly after the 1st of the year I WILL paint the room.

Item #3 is getting the room furnished. This is going to be the most expensive of the preparation projects.

Item #4 is getting a new car seat for Lili. Actually, item #4 will need to take place sooner rather than later. We decided that it would probably be better for Lili if she gets a new car seat and starts using it for awhile before Naomi comes home and takes over the seat Lili has been in for almost 2 years.

I'm sure I'll think of more items to add to my list, but it's a start and I can start focusing on the preparations and not just the waiting.

4 comments:

Mel said...

i hear ya - waiting really stinks. read your blog below about your agency informing you that you may hear something NEXT week??? UGH, big UGH again........why is this dragging out so long?

Mike and Laura George said...

Getting things ready, made the wait much easier. When you are buying clothes, painting her nusery or buying a car seat, you are loving Naomi. Finally something to do with all those emotions! Yeah!!

Renae said...

Hoping for a wonderful "gift" for you this Christmas!

Reba said...

I do think it helps to stay busy, so start the prep work. :)