Monday, December 7, 2009

Kid Stories and New Show

Boy do I wish bogging was the 'in' thing when the boys were little. I remember a few things they said, but have no doubt there were a lot more that I've now forgotten.

Like the time Josh yells from the living room. "Dad, dad come see this cool new show. It's about these people who are in a ship wreck and stuck on a deserted island."

Anyone want to take a stab at the name of this cool new show?

Correct! "Gilligan's Island." It's the same cool new show that Dave and I had watched when they were kids. LOL!!!! He loved watching Gilligan's Island though.

Then there was the time Ben came into the kitchen announcing he had a radish in his butt. Quickly my mind started going through all the produce in the refrigerator trying to remember if I had recently purchased radishes and wondering why he would have a radish in his butt. However, upon further questioning I discovered that what he really meant was that he had a little rash on his little tushy. Okay, maybe that was too much information but it was really funny at the time and still makes me chuckle when I think about it.

Now Lili is starting to say some funny things and she makes us laugh on a daily basis. Thanks to blogging, I'll have a written record of the funny things Lili says.

Yesterday, daddy says, "Boy, you sure are a smarty pants aren't you."
Lili responds, "My pants purple."

Geez dad, what were your thinking? Her pants weren't smart, they were purple.

Lexie was on antibiotics for an auto immune infection and one morning last week it was time to give Lexie her medication. She was outside so I started yelling, "Lexie, time for your pill." Lili also wanted to help call Lexie into the house, but when she says Lexie's name is doesn't come out as Lexie. What we hear instead is, "Sexie, pill." I can only imagine what the neighbor's thought about the Weeks' have sexy pills in their house. LOL!!!

We have a new show that we are very much enjoying called "Meet the Natives." Five men from the island of Tanna are invited to come to the U.S. visiting 5 places over 5 weeks. The first stop was a ranch in Montana, last week was a trip to New York City, this week Peoria, IL and next week they are in Orange County, CA. These men come to the U.S. on a mission to spread their word of peace to the U.S. The show has a lot of humor, is touching and has a great message. If you have the opportunity to watch the next couple of episodes, please do. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

2 comments:

MommaT said...

I love the Sexie Pill comment...I need to start writing my kids comments down....kids are so precious

Reba said...

All funny stories. I do wish I had blogged when my others were younger. I think I will remember all of the cuteness, but I do forget...