Monday, December 14, 2009

No Court Date

Over the weekend, one family received word on their court date. This gave me some hope that maybe, just maybe the attorney had submitted several cases to court and we would receive news today that we too had a court date. After waiting all day, not getting an email, and realizing that my email is still having problems, I called our agency. I was told that we do not have a court date yet, but they hoped to hear something next week and would hopefully be able to give us a good news for Christmas.

But I want good news now!!!!!

I also feel like a horrible person right now because another family, with a different agency received their court date news today. They received this news exactly 3 weeks after receiving their referral and their case goes before the Ethiopian courts on 1/1/2010. I know I should be really, really happy for them and I will be, but maybe not until after I receive our court date. We've now been waiting 33 days and Wednesday will mark 5 weeks since referral. On top of that Naomi will turn 6 months old on Wednesday.

Getting through the paperwork part of the process is exciting and hard. Waiting on referral is exciting and hard. Waiting on the process post-referral sucks. I knew it would, but it doesn't make it any easier.

3 comments:

Cammie said...

Nothing I say can make the wait any easier, I know that...but I just want to let you know we are praying for you to receive your good news before Christmas! We can't wait to hear when you will be traveling to meet your newest addition!

Reba said...

I am waiting eagerly with you for good news. It WILL come. The waiting part is not fun at all. :( (I have two friends still waiting for their kiddos in Guatemala...they started when we did with Joshua) But the wait is painful no matter HOW long. Hope you hear something VERY soon.

MommaT said...

I am so sorry you have to sit and watch other people get court dates..this system makes no sense, and you are right, post referral is the hardest...hold on..you have been such an encouragement to so many, I pray you will feel encouraged to continue to smiling and being who you are...which is great!!!