Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Turkey Day

I will be spending most of today baking desserts and cleaning the rest of my house as we a prepare for Thanksgiving at our house again this year. As a result, I'm going to have very little computer time for the next several days and wanted to send out a Turkey Day greeting to everyone.

I know many of you are waiting to bring your children home, just like we are. For me, the Holidays feel a little different this year, but yet in a good way. So, let me share what I'm thankful for this year.

1. My husband. He has a tough job being married to me and I appreciate all he does for me and the boys. He is the love of my life and I'm so Thankful that I married him and get to spend my life with him.

2. My boys. We've had many ups and downs over the last few years, but I can't imagine my life without them in it.

3. Of course I'm thankful for Liliana. She is a special baby girl and I am so grateful that I'm being given the opportunity to be her mommy.

There are many other things I'm thankful for, but I have pies in the oven and no time to continue.

If any of you are interested, I would love to receive comments from you letting me know what you are thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

5 comments:

God's Child said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
God's Child said...

You asked what I am thankful for, so here's a list of what comes to mind immediately (in no particular order):
1 - My family; definitely not perfect but still loved and loving
2 - My friends; I have a variety of friends, all ages and stages. Love them all and wouldn't change any of them.
3 - My faith; it has grown so much in the past year.
4 - My cats; both elderly and grouchy, but still my babies.
5 - My job; for all my complaining, I am very thankful to have the position I have.
___
Debbie - even though you are definitely included in #2, I have a special place in my heart for you.

Bonnie

Reba said...

I am thankful for so many things. Just a few: my husband...I don't know why he sticks with me, but he does; our children, both bio and Guatemalan...all blessings from above; my job (kindergarten teacher); my God (the only way I make it day by day); so much more. I hope next year we both have even more to be thankful for :)
Reba

nora said...

I wrote an ABC's list of what I was thankful for, but never posted it. I should have.

- I have loved meeting so many people who are in similar situations in terms of Guatemala adoptions, but their experiences and feelings are all different. It makes my life richer to know all parts of it.

- I thought I would like being a mom - seems like you should. I never knew I would LOVE it. I do. It makes me a better person and a better wife.

- My husband, what a great dad and he just gets better!

Thanks Debbie!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I'm late, but I'm so grateful for (1) My Sergio (2) my husband (3) my wonderful family (4) my wonderful friends, both here and internet and (5) God for leading us to Sergio!!!