Monday, November 12, 2007

My New Do

Our friends are in Guatemala picking up their son and they asked us to keep their 13 year old daughter during the weekends of their trip. This past weekend was weekend #1 and we also had our 9 year old niece for part of the weekend.
Saturday night we call Guatemala so our friends could talk to their daughter and also because I really needed a good update on how everything was going. While I was on the phone getting the update, the girls decided I needed a new hair style. I can remember how fun it was to play "beauty shop" growing up, so I really didn't have a problem with them styling my hair as long as there weren't any scissors involved. The outcome left me speechless, but is so worth sharing with all my blog readers.

Please note, the piece of hair across my forehead and the way my hair is standing out from the approximately 1 dozen pony tails they put in my hair is the result of about a 1/2 tube of hair gel. And yes, the piece of hair across my forehead is actually stuck to my forehead with gel :-)
Dave found it a bit difficult to carry on a serious conversation with me after the hair styling incident and I had to keep the do until my sister-in-law arrived a little later than evening. I'm sure you can imagine the look on her face when she walked in the door.
There was a lot of laughter in our house before, during, and after the new do and laughter is always a good thing in my book.

4 comments:

Cammie said...

Lovin' the new "do"! I guess you know who to call next time you have a big event that you need a special look for!

Anonymous said...

You look so pretty...

Anonymous said...

It's definitely a new look for you...

I always want my hairdresser to tell me how she made me look so fabulous, so did they teach you how to reacreate the look?

nora said...

Lovely! I remeber playing beauty shop and I think it was just so I could use the mousse bottle. Now I get to do that with Julia!

Debbie, all your thoughts about attachment look great and really encouraging! What a good mom you are going to be, the second time around!