Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I Didn't Expect This to Happen

If you've been reading my blog you know I frequently read various Yahoo groups and other forums on adoption, but primarily adoption from Guatemala. The one that I am probably most fond of is Guatadopt.com. The moderators of this forum do a good job of researching first to make sure the information they are providing to forum members is correct and since I've been a member of the forum, they've been right on the money. So, when I logged in this morning to see what is new in Guat adoptions, I expected to find pretty much the same information I've been reading for the last several weeks. What I didn't expect to read is that the Guatemala Congress has changed the implementation date of their Hague compliant Ortega Law to April 1, 2008. This is absolutely wonderful news!!!!!!!!!! This puts Guatemala's implementation date and the U.S. implementation date in line with each other, which would provide the opportunity to adoptions to continue between the two countries without interruption.

Please keep in mind that Guatemala still has a lot of work to do in becoming completely Hague compliant. However, they appear to be working very hard at getting this done and I must give them credit for doing so.

For those who are interested in reading the details posted on Guatadopt.com, please click on this link http://www.guatadopt.com/ and read under Guatemala Adoption Information and News.

I will continue to keep you updated as I have more information, but in the meantime, this is a good news day!

No comments: