Friday, January 22, 2010

A Big Post

In July, 2007 I started this blog to journal our journey through adoption. I had no idea if anyone would really be interested in reading my blog, but I felt it would be a good way of keeping friends and family up-to-date and knew it would be a great way to keep track of all the milestones along the way.

Now today I celebrate a blogging milestone as I complete my 500th blog post. I guess there were a few people who were interested in reading my blog since I have had over 50,600 blog hits since adding the counter to my blog a couple years ago. It's absolutely amazing to me, but very exciting at the same time.

When I first started blogging, I was using a different blog site and after a few posts discovered that I needed something that was a little less technical so I switched over to Blogger. Here is my first official World of Weeks post.

Since that first post I've shared the details about our adoption of Lili; news in the adoption world; information on attachment and bonding; things happening in Ryan's world; things happening with our dogs; stories of trips we've made; details about our adoption of Naomi; and lots and lots of pictures. My blog started public and after a lot of thought and consideration I decided to protect the privacy of our family by making it private.

Now I end my 500th post and prepare to begin my quest to the next milestone of 1000 blog posts. I will continue to post about those things that I find interesting; will share the rest of our journey to Naomi; will share stories and information about our family; and will continue to posts lots and lots of pictures.

Thank you for reading and sharing in our journey. I hope you'll continue to follow the next 500 posts!

5 comments:

Mel said...

500 - you're such a faithful blogger - hat's off!!!
and you bet i'll be reading the next 500!!! :-)

MommaT said...

I'm in!

Parent Coordinator said...

I'll be here with ya...reading along :)

Reba said...

Congrats on the 500th! It is a milestone! I still love blogging...so much "history" there!

Megan said...

Now that's commitment! Congrats on such a big milestone!