Monday, January 18, 2010

Stroller Recommendation

I know, it's just really exciting to read 2 posts in one day isn't it?!!!!

Actually, I'm hoping to get feedback from all you parents who have 2 children in a stroller. It's been about 27 years since I had two children in a stroller at once and there really weren't that many choices. Now I have the choice of tandem strollers, side-by-side, sit-n-stand, etc., etc. So many choices.

Lili likes to walk when we go shopping, but she also gets tired of walking. Of course there are also those times when she just isn't cooperating and NEEDS to be in the stroller. Also, if we've been out for awhile or if we're out during nap time, she will still fall asleep and the stroller is really nice for a sleeping child.

Then we have Naomi who won't be walking for awhile and I'm sure will fall sleep more often that Lili when we're out and about.

Obviously, two different ages and sizes. Lili is about 32 lbs right now and Naomi was just over 13 lbs a month ago.

I've been leaning toward a tandem stroller, just because I think it would be easier to maneuver, but I could be wrong. I would like a stroller that has cup holders for kids and adults. A basket underneath for diaper bag and shopping bags. Seats that recline for sleeping children. A canopy that provides decent coverage from the sun.

Do any of my readers have a double stroller? Which one? Do you like it? If so, why? If not, why?

I could really use some feedback. Thanks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should try to find one that has room for your hubby to sleep when you're shopping...

Debbie said...

Seriously? I had no idea my hubby would even be interested in going out shopping with the girls and I. I assumed he would offer to stay home and keep the sofa company :-)

Mel said...

we have both, a tandem and a jogging one. i like them both for various activities.
and yes, to the sleeping part. get one that folds back so baby can be in a halfway comfortable position when she sleeps.

i'm also looking for a stroller right now - TRIPLE ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

MommaT said...

I have seen (although don't own one) the kind that has a place for the older kid to sit or stand on the back. I want to find one myself

rachel said...

Hey Debbie!
We use a side-by-side jogging stroller for our two and it works GREAT! we love it. It's a little tough to maneuver in tight spaces, esp doorways for 1 door, because it's wide, but I find it much easier to push that the stroller where one child is behind and one in in front. That's just me though. Ours is called "In Step" We've had it for almost three years and have been very happy with it.
R

Xander and Alana (but mostly Alana) said...

Granted, our situation will be different from yours, but we are shelling out the big bucks for a Phil & Ted's. We don't own a car, and having a stroller that takes two kids and is compact and easy to use is important to me. It's the only one I've seen that is truly compact, and I believe there is a storage basket underneath. It's worth checking out at least. Last I heard you can find them at Target, but look online as well.