Saturday, January 2, 2010

Painting

Only six more days to court!!!!! This time next week we will hopefully know whether or not Naomi is a Weeks.

Right now it seems as if Naomi's homecoming is so far away. However, I do remember feeling as if Lili's arrival home was also far away and now I can barely remember a time that she wasn't here. I also remember being much further along in the preparations for bringing Lili home. For example, her room was painted and ready for her arrival. Of course painting a room with a 2 year old is not humanly possible. Okay, I'm sure it's humanly possible, but not if I only want the walls painted. Since Dave had a 4-day weekend I decided this was a good time to get the paint and start on Naomi's room. Yesterday was paint day. I actually enjoy painting, but I really do not like the preparation part of painting. Especially, the taping. Thankfully, Dave offered to do the taping for me. He also removed the closet doors, took the curtains down, removed the hardware and outlet covers. Basically, he got everything ready so all I had to do was paint.

I quickly got to work and as the paint is applied to the walls I'm trying to decide if I really like this color or not. As I'm sure most of you know, the color that goes on the walls is not the same color an hour later. As it begins to dry I'm liking it and by mid afternoon the entire room is painted and drying. Shortly after dinner I go in to look at my work and I'm not sure I like it. It's not that I don't like the color, I just don't like the color with the bedding and decor that will be in the room. When I held that little paint sample on the wall I really thought it was the right color. Someday I'll learn to buy just a little sample jar of paint to put on the wall.

Do I leave the walls as they are or do I repaint? Once I decide, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Mel said...

6 more days!!
and i'm for painting, whatever makes time pass quicker.

Reba said...

I agree...the prep for painting can be more tedious than the painting itself. I really need to do some around here, but it is just not easy with a toddler underfoot! I cannot wait to see some pictures!