Monday, January 4, 2010

Painting Dilemma


I can't talk about paint before I talk about our CTC. 4 more days folks!!!!!! By the end of this week Naomi could legally be our daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!


Now onto the paint dilemma I was having over the weekend.

Lili's room is light pink with burgundy curtains. I also painted the shelves in her closet a burgundy color all of which matched the pink and burgundy colors in her crib bedding. This same crib bedding will be used by Naomi and I decided I wanted to pull out the greens in the bedding for Naomi's room. Several months ago I grabbed several paint samples and spent quite a bit of time holding them against the bedding trying to figure out which would look best. I made a decision, marked the sample and put it away with the others until I was ready to start on my paint project. I decided to get started over the long weekend, but after looking at the color I had chosen I decided it was too dark. I wanted Naomi's room to have a lighter color on the walls with darker accents just like Lili's room so I started looking at the other samples and finally decided on a lighter green that appeared to be a nice contrast to the greens in the bedding.

I got the room painted and by that evening I wasn't sure I liked it. The next day I looked at it again and decided that I really did like the color, but I wasn't sure about that color with the bedding. After some thought I decided to do a second coat of paint on the walls to see if that would make a difference. Well, it did. I really do like the color and it is a nice contrast to the greens in the bedding.

The only thing left now is curtains and possibly new shades, closet organizers that Dave will be building in the spring, a crib, dressers and most of all Naomi.

6 comments:

Mel said...

we need too see pics of your good paint job you did!!!
4 more days - are you having your court day on a Friday?

Reba said...

Yep, I am waiting for some pics. Sounds beautiful!

Matt and Jennifer said...

I would also like to see some pics Please!!

Xander and Alana (but mostly Alana) said...

Look, there's just no way I can approve a design change like this without seeing pictures. I mean really!

Oh, wait. You weren't asking? Um, well can we see pictures anyway?

Megan said...

Doing the room makes it all so real! My excitement is building like crazy for you guys. And like everyone else, I can't wait to see some pictures of Naomi's room. Good luck this week!

Carrie said...

Yes, yes, show us some pictures. This is so exciting!!!