Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Surviving the Wait

I can survive the wait to court. What I'm not sure of is surviving the day of court. LOL!!! I traded emails with our agency consultant a couple days ago and told her that I actually scheduled a play date for Friday to help keep me busy. I also told her that I would most certainly jump every time the phone rang. Here was her response:

"Oh, don’t hate me, please.. sometimes when the courts are on Friday I don’t hear until Monday!! I will do my best to pester for an answer Friday.. when there is an issue or the court did not happen, I know right away, but when everything is fine I don’t.."

Now I'm not sure if I want her to call Friday or not. If she calls, it might mean bad news. If I have to wait it out until Monday it will probably be good news. On the other hand, I would have to wait through the weekend before hearing anything. Ahhhh!!!

I think I'll go shopping today.

6 comments:

Mel said...

here it is - your TWO!!!

shopping is always a good distraction, lol.
one more day - so excited for you!!!!

try to chill (haha, yeah right, that comes from me, lol).....i know this is such an intense time, but i have a pretty good feeling about you passing court on Friday. Fridays are good days, right before the weekend, people are usually in a cheerful mood. If I'd get to pick a court-day day of the week, i'd pick a Friday (unless it falls on a 13th, then i may change my mind).

breathe!!!! things will be OK :-)

Xander and Alana (but mostly Alana) said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Ack. I'm not even sure what to say. Stay busy, I guess? You absolutely have my sympathy. I hate this part, so I'm not sure at all how I'll survive the actual court date once we have one. I'm already a mess! Or as my friend says, "I can't get it together enough to be a hot mess. I'm more of a warm clutter."

Renae said...

I love it when someone else shares my impatience/obsession of situations! You make me laugh...you could do what I would do which is sit in front of the phone/computer at all times, willing it to ring/bling...refusing to eat, sleep, or whatever until you hear something:). Not that far gone yet, huh.....?

Reba said...

I wondered how long it would take for you to hear something. I know how eager I am to hear something for you, so I cannot even imagine how eager you are!!! Counting down with you.
Reba

Mike and Laura George said...

Oh Deb, I am so sorry. I understand, this will be the longest weekend ever! You are in our thougts and on our hearts.

The George's

God's Child said...

Hope you hear sooner rather than later. Hugs, my friend.