Friday, January 22, 2010

Embassy Changes

I just received word from our agency of some changes that the U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia implemented on January 1, 2010. These changes have a definite impact on our plans to go get Naomi.

We had been anticipating our travel to be the week of February 14th with an Embassy date of February 22nd. Apparently, Embassy appointments have been pushed out and are at minimum 7 weeks post court. Each agency is assigned two Embassy days per month. Our agency Embassy days are the 2nd and 4th Monday of every month. Since our court date was January 8th, 7 weeks later is February 26th. The next Embassy date for our agency after the 26th is March 8th. Yes folks, that is two weeks later than we expected. This is a real bummer, but I know that in the big picture, a couple weeks isn't going to really matter. I "WILL" be holding my baby girl in about 5 1/2 weeks and that is going to be a great day.

I am now going to contact the Ethiopia Guest House to change our reservations and contact the travel agency for a new itinerary.

5 comments:

Reba said...

You are right. In the grand scheme, it is just a little blink of an eye. But I am still disappointed for you...I am ready for her to be home!

gruberjenny said...

Bummer. Hang in there, Mama!

Hamfam5 said...

Oh shoot, Debbie! I was SOOOOO excited about being there the same week as you guys!!!! Is it a for sure that you won't make it for that week? I'm sad!!!!! =(

Parent Coordinator said...

Sigh...sorry for the delay Debbie. No consolation but at least it gives you more time to get everything ready :)

Xander and Alana (but mostly Alana) said...

Grooooaaaaan! I'm so sorry. For both of us!