Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Lili and Strollers

I haven't posted much about Lili lately and thought I should share some of the things happening in her life.

Early last week I told her we were going to get on a big airplane to go get Naomi. Now every day, at some point, she tells me that she's getting on a plane to go get Naomi. She is very excited about our upcoming trip and I'm sure has absolutely no clue just how much her little life is going to change :-)

The camera she got for Christmas has to be the best gift ever. She has figured out how to use the video camera function and loves taking video as well as photos. I'm just not sure video and photos of the floors, walls and ceiling are necessarily that interesting, but she is getting better about getting people, dogs and other subjects in the shot.

Lili still loves books and within the last couple of days has started reading to daddy and mommy. All her books seem to start with "once upon a time" and sometimes every pages starts with "once upon a time," but she is doing a pretty good job of telling the story. Today she was reading a book to me and asked me to count the items on some of the pages just like I ask her to do from time to time.

Conversations with Lili have become actual conversations. She isn't satisfied with the just 2, 3 or 4 word sentences anymore. Instead, she rattles off exactly what's on her mind. Much of what she tells us is still difficult to understand, but each day her speech seems to improve more and more. She is a talker and talks from the moment her eyes pop open in the morning until she falls asleep at night. Yes, folks, she's a Weeks in every way :-)

Today, I was doing some more research on strollers and told Lili that we needed to get a new stroller that was big enough for both her and Naomi. I'm pretty sure I've found the one I want to get. Here is the link. Does anyone out in blogland own this stroller? If so, do you like it?

4 comments:

Parent Coordinator said...

fun stroller...don't have it but I've seen folks with it out and about.

Shelby said...

I don't have it, but I like it. Would you get the "elite" one or the one where it's one seat and one board?

The only other strollers I've seen like this are the Bugaboo's with the board. This has got to be just as practical and far more economical. The kids I see on those love them.

Debbie said...

I would definiately get the 2-seater since the back seat can be removed when not needed or no longer necessary.

Xander and Alana (but mostly Alana) said...

Oh, never mind my last remark. It looks like you've already found one you like.